Monday, October 19, 2009

Determination

My eight year old has it.. alot of it.  She's such a quiet, reserved kid but if there's a competition, she tranforms into a totally different child... a fighter.  Today she participated in the all schools cross country meet.  She's been top girl in her grade for her school through all the meets this season and today was no different.  But today she had a hard race. The route was longer, with lots of hills and she struggled.  But she didn't give up.. she came tearing down that last hill, tears streaming down her face, crying as she crossed the finish line... but she didn't stop. She finished. It's not the ribbon that thrills me.. it's her spirit, that determination, that amazes me more than anything.


About This Blog

I am a photographer, wife and mother with two perfect kids. I created this blog as a way to journal our adventures and post my photos as I explore the art of photography.

Labels

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP